[TenTec] FS-PARAGON 585

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FS-PARAGON 585
From: "kartooo@netzero.net" <kartooo@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:42:37 GMT
I bought this radio broken with a known pll un-lock problem. I assumed the pll
major or minor board needed to be re-soldered. I could find nothing wrong with
either board and sent it to tentec. They found that someone had installed the
wrong e-prom causing the pll un-lock problem and replaced it with the proper
one. They replaced the meter lamps, checked alignment,checked rec and tx
operation,etc,etc,etc. There is a full page of items they checked off and found
nothing else wrong.It looks as new with only the lettering on the usb and lsb
button gone. the cw and tune buttons if you look close you can see a bit of
lettering gone. There is a tiny scratch on the top of the case about 1/4" long.
I can not find anything wrong with it electricaly. In the just over the 4 week
turn around time from tentec i became anxious and bought another paragon so
this one is in excess of my needs. It has the stock 6.0k,2.4k filters and the
optional 1.8k filter installed. no fm board,power cord or
  mic. but the original manual is included and the shipping box and foam that
tentec used. I would like to get $675 shipped to the lower 48.

TNX,
Larry N1YW   kartooo at netzero.co