[TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW

To: "TenTec List" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:35:59 -0800
Last evening I was playing with HamAlyzer software looking at the audio
passband of various QSOs on 75 metres.  As expected some were good and some
were bad.  All were communicating so information was being passed.

I came across an AM QSO and with the Orion opened up to 6 kHz bandwidth the
AM station audio envelope was obviously well in excess of 5 kHz as I
expected.

So, since I had too much time on my hands, I thought I'd take a look at AM
on the Sub receiver.  Here's my set up.

        Firmware 2.056
        Main receiver CW with a BW of 100 Hz
        Sub Receiver AM and a BW of 6000 Hz
        Audio -- Left = Sub, Right = Sub and Speaker = Sub
        Audio to computer via the AUX I/O cable

When I tuned in a local AM station and looked at the audio on HamAlyzer it
looked great EXCEPT for one thing.  It was only 3000 Hz wide?  The audio
signal plummeted after 3,000 Hz!

My question to the group - Is this pilot error on my part or a problem with
the Orion Sub Receiver?

73,

Rick
VE7TK