Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality

To: <k6kdk@k6kdk.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:51:34 -0800
Whoops....sent that last e-mail before I wrote a message!

I talked to W6FE last night on 3.847 later on in the evening last night, and
heard that distortion first hand.  He blames it on his 'gravelly voice, but
it didn't sound that way to me.  There was definitely a problem.  He
switched to a Flex Radio and had the same distortion, so I think it could be
in his mic or some other equipment he uses up front of the rigs...or maybe
it really is his voice!

I'll stop in on that frequency tonight and if you're on, you can listen to
my O2 and see what you think...

Ron N6AHA