Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:27:53 -0800
You are most likely right about that.  The DSP code can change the frequency
response of the system, and my measurements show the low frequency response
is off quite a bit from the published specs.  I compensate by turning up the
50 Hz EQ on the W2IHY 8-Band, and that seems to fix the problem, although
it's not truly flat audio response.

That's one of the things I have on my "List of things for Ten Tec to fix" on
my website!

Ron N6AHA