Re: [TenTec] A Look at NR

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A Look at NR
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:34:55 EST
I have an OII so I can't do the trest here I am suggestiong.

Someone with Orion please try this out...

Start with Orion V1.371 find a band with some normal noise like 20 right now
(during the day)

Tune in various SSB signals (Not CW) use the NR & get a feel for how well it
works with various settings (No test equipment required)....

OK Now load V2, do the same thing.... Now please let us all know which one
you like better (no test equipment required).

Oh, another question.. does anyone know why TT would not just lift the logic
of the V1 code, and use it in V2 for NR, NB, AN????

73,
Lee