[TenTec] Serial numbers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Serial numbers
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:29:22 -1000
I have read a description of Ten-Tec serial number decoding, here on the
reflector. I have a radio that has a serial number that is not in the
format that is described there. Maybe this is from an earlier serial
number system. The serial number is the three digit model number,
followed by a hyphen and five numerals. There are no non-numeric
characters (except for the hyphen) in the serial number. Does anyone
know how to determine the manufacture date from this format serial number?

Thanks,

DE N6KB