Re: [TenTec] Triton dial string

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton dial string
From: "Paul - W8KC" <w8kc@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:56:06 -0500
I think I already answered this in a private email, but you should just be
able to slip the red/orange dial pointer off the cable, and reinstall it on
the right place.

That's assuming the PTO was not "tweaked" to move the actual tune frequency
for the previous owner's MARS nets.  The whole thing sounds fishy as I
always thought that rig could reach the MARS freqs without any adjustments.
Why the guy moved the pointer is a mystery.  The pointer is just to
"ballpark" the real tuning dial which is that silver ring behind the main
knob!

73! =paul= W8KC -- Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc/tentec.html
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v10
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.htm