Re: [TenTec] Corsair II problem question?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II problem question?
From: "geraldj" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:21:00 -0600
On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 20:11 -0500, OTAKEBI@aol.com wrote:
Have a Corsair II that seems to be developing a problem, I think.
> Seems that if rig is turned off for a day or so I get very low s-meter
> readings and low signal levels.
> If I switch the mode switch from ssb to cw and back signal levels come up  to
> normal and so does the s-meter.
> When I switch from ssb to cw I hear a relay click but only one time.
> If I turn the rig off and on after the fix the problem does not happen  again
> unless the rig stays off overnight.
> Any ideas before I dig in and try to see what is going on from anyone  who
> has had the problem and fixed it?
> Thank ahead of time,
> Dan/N4VET

Sounds like a typical dirty switch contact or connector problem in a vintage
radio. Each
contact on the mode switch needs a quarter drop of DeoxIT from a Cramolin
dropper
bottle. Not a spray, a controlled placement. The insulating wafers don't need
the stuff,
just the contacts.
--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,