Re: [TenTec] Hooking up an Amplifier for the first time...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hooking up an Amplifier for the first time...
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:25:22 -1000
Hi Mike,

That looks like a nice product. I have a couple of questions. The
specifications list says the relay contacts are good for 2000 mA at 125
volts. Many older amplifiers have around -150 to -180 VDC that needs to
be grounded to key them. Later in the text it says you can key the
Heathkit's -130 Volts. Is this unit using a 125 volt rated relay to do
that? What about the MOSFET output rated at 250 volts? Can that output
be used to pull a negative DC voltage to ground? Or will that only work
with positive voltages?

Thanks,

Ken N6KB