[TenTec] Orion 40M Split Operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 40M Split Operation
From: "James Denneny Jr" <denneny@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:41:05 -0000
I performed a Master Reset after WPX operation and I still cannot TX LSB
below 7100.  I can use either VFO A or B for RX and TX on the other VFO
inside US phone band and radio ceases to TX when RX VFO is below 7100.  I
even tried to TX into a dummy antenna with VFO A in TRX and radio ceases to
TX as VFO is brought below 7100 - Very strange.  I can hear a relay kickin
as I cross below 7100.

I am certain I am the problem but cannot find my error.  As stated earlier,
both my former 565 and this 566 behaved similarly.  That is why I believe I
have a cockpit problem.   I did not do a RAM reset because I cannot find the
procedure in the manual.  I doubt that is the issue however.

I will call Ten-Tec Service Monday AM and get this straightened out.

BTW OII worked great in WPX SSB Contest.  Cranked the roofing filter in and
was able to copy weak signals on a very crowded 20M band.  I did get good
qualitative reports on the clean TX audio also.  However, DXers are not
exactly audiophiles.

Jim

K7EG