Re: [TenTec] Apartment antenna help

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,"John T. Gwin" <jtgwin@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Apartment antenna help
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:52:42 -0500
My friend w4sk lived in an apartment.  he had access to the flat roof.  we
constructed a multiple band dipole -- two or more dipoles fed with one
feedline -- and tied the ends down.  I don't remember how we anchored them,
maybe to gutters.  In any event, once they were anchored, we put an inverted
broom under the center.  the broomstraws held the wires in place.  we dubbed
it the "broomstick dipole" as I recall.  maybe john will jump in with more
memories.

Mike N4NT