Re: [TenTec] Orion Question

To: <wb5hak@duracom.net>, "tentec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Question
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:21:28 -0500
The TXOUT line is ground during transmit.  You can use this line to the base
of a PNP transistor to switch a 3 to 12 volt line on and off.

You connect the base of the transistor through a 1K resistor to TXOUT.
Also, if you will not have an amplifier, you want TXOUT connected to TXEN
and TXLoop turned on.  You connect the emitter to 12 volts through a 100 ohm
resistor.  You then connect the collector to your output.  The collector
will be passive in receive and 12 volts in transmit.

Or

You use the amp key line as the ground side of a 12 volt relay.  The other
side of the relay coil goes to 12 volts.  You use a normally open point of
the relay to give you your switched 12 volt output.

What are you going to do with this line?

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain