Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:53:04 -0600
> goes to the radio antenna switching logic.  The end result is
> the internal tuner is used on both the transmit and receive
> path but only for antenna 1.

That is what is shown in the schematics, but there is no schematic of the
tuner board, which may have a shorting relay that is only opened on
transmit.

Regardless, there is no substantive difference in MDS with the tuner in or
out of the circuit, regardless of where the tuner was last set.  Which means
that there wouldn't appear to be a need to transmit into the tuner to reset
it every time you changed bands, as far as receive capability is concerned
-- and that is my experience.  And also would indicate to me that on
receive, the tuner is effectively not part of the signal path.

Without a tuner schematic, we're feeling the side of the elephant again.  If
someone knows for sure, it would help, but it has no effect on receive MDS.

Grant/NQ5T