[TenTec] Vee Beam

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Vee Beam
From: Dave Tipton <dave@lodave.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 08:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
Anyone here actually using the Vee Beam that is being offered on TenTec's site?
 I see that B&W also offers an end fed version that is similar.  Just curious
to see if anyone has an opinion about the design. :)

  After watching my push up mast snap this weekend, about 4 feet below the
thing would have been guyed, and my MA5B taking a header into the ground, I'm
searching for slighly less wind load options for now until I decide about
putting a tower up.  Great pictures of the event are available at
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-Dse6wvI1aaLHpzblehQs0wQ-?cq=1&p=32

  Dave, W3DMT