Re: [TenTec] General coverage RX/XCVR suggestions?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] General coverage RX/XCVR suggestions?
From: Mike Gorniak <mgorniak@genesiswireless.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:30:42 -0500
Agreed. I find my Drake R8B to be superior to the Orion's sub receiver
by a wide margin for SWL work. The Synchronous Detector is nothing short
of phenomenal. The radio does very well for Ham (SSB and CW) also...no,
not as good as the Orion's main receiver, but very good. Excellent
filter selections appropriate to mode are built in. For general HF
listening, this is the one to have, IMHO.
73,
Mike
NM7X