Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon RTTY (FSK)
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:37:41 -0400
You are right, I had forgotten that I used a pull-up resistor and the 12vdc
jack to allow keying the Paragon via the FSK connections. I also run a small
fan when running extended RTTY.

If I can shift the KAM on what it is listening for on the received tones,
that would likely fix the apparant offset I have. Since I am keying the
radio on FSK on transmit, shifting the audio output of the KAM would have no
effect, of course. Otherwise, my suspicion that I need to adjust the BFOs is
probably the route to go. Adjusting USB/LSB is easily accomplished without a
counter by listening to a received carrier with a modulated tone, as WWV
does during certain periods. You can tweak the USB/LSB BFOs to not shift the
audio from what you hear on AM and have all on frequency that way. Alas, I
don't see how to do that with RTTY.

=Vic=
WA4THR