Re: [TenTec] Orion Main and Sub frequency difference

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Main and Sub frequency difference
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:31:50 -1000
If someone wanted to use two separate directional antennas connected to
two separate receiver antenna inputs and listen to them with each
receiver in opposite channels of stereo headphones, the local
oscillators would need to be phase locked. Not just very close to
identical frequencies. Otherwise the rolling phase difference of the two
LOs would ruin the spatial diversity effect we are trying to get. In
fact, why use two phase locked LOs at all? Use one LO and a power
divider (for each LO needed that is. That could be two LOs, 1st LO and
BFO, for a "single conversion" receiver, which is really double conversion)

I would like a setup like this. I'm more interested in listening to two
phase locked receivers on the same frequency, with identical front ends,
IFs, detectors and audio stages, than I am interested in listening on
two different frequencies.

Ken N6KB