Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:33:53 -0400
John is probably right about this!  2056 for the Classic Orion needs a lot
of work before it becomes a viable operating system.  I am hearing few
complaints on the air or otherwise about the O2. Most seem to be content
with the O2 so far,  and the reviews on eham are running 5 by 5.  However,
if I were an Orion 2 owner I would be somewhat displeased with the way the
Tx audio sounds,  and also the "real time" spectrum scope function which
once again seems not to be "real time".

However,  On balance the Orion in either release represents the best
receiver available at this time,  and the best QSK CW.  Ten Tec service
cannot be beat if you have a problem,  and generally Ten Tec treats its
customers very courteously.  It's easy to feel like you are a part of the
organization and you can criticize or complain about things like you would
in your own family.  This "family" feeling many of us have I believe causes
us to be critical more often.

There are valid issues that need correcting especially with the Classic
Orion's new code 2056.  Sometimes we grow extremely impatient waiting.  This
waiting and waiting is a real killer......surely there is a better way.
Toby  W4CAK