[TenTec] (no subject)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <TenTec@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: Paul Sojka <lunenburg@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:52:57 -0400 (EDT)
I've lost sensitivity on the 6.5 - 10.5 section of the Paragon 585. It's
happened
a few times before and was cured by replacing Diode D12, a 1N4148, on the RX
high pass filter
board. It didn't work this time. I swapped diode D5 with one on the same board
and
it still did not work. I jumpered D5 with a wire and it works. The diode is a
type
BA482 which I cannot find. Any ideas why it works jumpered? Anyone have a source
of this type diode aside from Ten Tec? I'd like to buy a few. The 1N4148's are
in
Radio Shack so no problem there.  Thanks,
Paul
KS2S