Re: [TenTec] Orion II Freqency response graph

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Freqency response graph
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:26:34 -0500
> Not really - AM response is +/- 2dB from 20hz-3000hz  don't
> get fooled by the vertical axis scaling

I realize that.  Problem is the way the +/- goes.  Using 150 Hz as a
reference, it's really a 4 dB DROP from 150 hz to 2400 hz on the AM curve
when the radio is ostensibly set for a "flat" EQ response (TX EQ = 0).

My internal and external EQ settings are quite different on the II than they
were on the v1.  I know, I know, everything is relative :-)

Grant/NQ5T