Re: [TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters!
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:58:35 -0400
N6AHA:

Given the way the
radio is designed I would expect that the Main RX would  always be used to
control the transmissions and the Sub would be used for  listening only.

K4IA:

No, no, no

I use the Sub as the TX and listen on the main.  In contesting I want  to set
my CQ transmit frequency and use the best receiver to hunt around for the
callers.  Using the Main RX to listen for stations off frequency is
better  and
easier to adjust than the RIT.

         I believe Ron's statement is not inconsistent
with how you like to operate.  He is saying that the
Mode selected by Main RX should always set the TX mode,
whichever VFO TX is assigned to...makes sense to me.

         BTW, a better configuration for contests is
to assign Main RX RIT to the Pod, use its big knob for
tuning on the run frequency (TX on VFO A also) and use
the VFO B knob to tune Sub RX elsewhere on the band for
S&P stations.  The only problem is the very poor IMD
performance of the Sub RX in a truly crowded band.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV