Re: [TenTec] question about updates

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] question about updates
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 -0500
> with some of them.  This seems to be very subjuctive and at
> least one guy I kow who does contesting and dxing considers
> the audio ideal for what he does.  So there you go.......it
> all depends on what you are looking to do.

Orion audio could be adjusted to suit.  You want "tin" you could have "tin".
You want "contest screech" you could have that.  You want lots of low end
you could have that, too.  Doesn't seem to have been any reason to fiddle
with something that was working quite well, and force the use of external EQ
in an attempt to restore a nice flat pass band. Given how far down the
response is at 50 Hz in the II, it's a stretch for much outboard twiddling
in any case.

Grant/NQ5T