Re: [TenTec] FM TX on Orion II

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FM TX on Orion II
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:31:56 -0500

> I don't know....I tried it on 29.6 mHz (Mcs. for us
> oldtimers) into a dummy load (not me) and it sounded ok on
> the monitor (using earphones).  Sounded as good as one gets
> on 2/440 and I use ICOM 2720's.

> Whatever...

Now I remember why I abandoned VHF/UHF a long time ago, except for the
occasional weather net :-)

I rechecked everything.  This high pitched background thing I reported only
happens on 14 Mhz, at least in 2.033  Other bands, including 10M, sound ok
-- mostly.  Seems a bit "fuzzy" to me in the monitor.  Don't have a way to
listen OTA to see what it sounds like on another receiver.

Whatever :-)

Grant/NQ5T