Re: [TenTec] Scout PTO question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout PTO question
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 19:22:14 -0500
On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 21:07 -0400, Bwana Bob wrote:
> Has anyone tried removing one or two of the plastic spacers that are on
> the PTO spring shaft? I am wondering if the PTO would tune more smoothly
> if there was a little less spring tension. Mine seems to have too much
> tension. When I tune lower in frequency, the let go of the tuning knob,
> the PTO springs back up frequency by about 100 Hz. Most annoying.
>

>                       Bob WB2VUF

Probably needs a bit more preload on the shaft bearings. Another brass
washer at the back thrust washer location. I rebuilt the PTO in my
Corsair II and left out one and it does the same thing. Less spring
tension at one end of the band may lead to no spring tension and then
the nut rattles on the lead screw at the other end of the band.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,