[TenTec] K4DPK VFO Stabilizer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] K4DPK VFO Stabilizer
From: "Larry L. Laflamme" <laflamme@ncia.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:19:03 +0100
GM.

I recently (finally) installed the K4DPK VFO stabilizer in a Triton IV. (Not
a model 540!) I believe I installed it correctly, but I'm wondering if it is
operating the way it was designed.

I let the rig warm up for about 20 minutes, and tuned to a strong CW signal
on 40 meters. The little red LED on the K4DPK board blinks slowly, and the
CW signal is stable. Every couple of minutes, the receiver "takes off" and
slides off frequency by several hundred hz.  (I verified this by listening
to the CW note and I have a 244 digital readout). After going off by
200-400Hz, the rig comes back down to the original frequency.

Is this the way the VFO stabilizer is designed to operate, have I wired it
improperly, or does my Triton have some other issue?

Thanks,
Larry, N1SHM

BTW I  have other Tritons, but hesitate to uninstall and reinstall the
stabilizer.