[TenTec] re if you ground it - it will come!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re if you ground it - it will come!
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 03:22:59 +0000
<<<Maybe a ribbon of #6 a couple feet wide may work but flashing copper
hasn't been all that much more expensive until recently.>>>

that's a bit of the problem. a few years ago i could get 6" wide strap from AES and 50 feet of it was around $100. I've never seen anything 1 or 2 feet wide and I don't want anything that's thin foil. 6" has been the widest but I think AES stopped selling that. I know they are not the only source but seem to be representative for this material as ham vendors go. I just bought 100' of 1.5 inch wide strap from them for $100 to use as a perimeter ground to go around part of my house below grade and connect all outside grounds to each other. I've priced copper tubing but the stuff at places like home depot that offers similar surface area to what the strap has is as much, or more expensive. copper and other metals are getting to the point where they are no longer minor expenses on the way to playing the game.

rob / k5uj