[TenTec] Orion v2.056 PSK question

Subject: [TenTec] Orion v2.056 PSK question
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 17:07:16 -0700
Brand new (one day) to this mode--or in fact any digital mode but
CW.  Using PSK31 Deluxe and a SignaLink SL-1+.  Am receiving signals
fine it seems.  Have sound card output (HP laptop) at about 70%.  Aux
Input Gain at 80 in SSB menu.  I'm really puzzled about the TX EQ
setting though.  The Orion manual suggests a setting of -14db.  This
setting alone changes the output more than anything else.  If I move
it to a setting of "0"  power drops to 5w output.  (PWR is set at
100) As I adjust the setting to -14db, the power increases to 35w and
will rise to 75w if I move it  further.  If I look at the manual,
this seems rather counter intuitive.

Thoughts or guidance pse??

Gary W7TEA