Re: [TenTec] Orion I CRT

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I CRT
From: "RM" <kamar@inr.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:35:08 -0400
Not Normal, and it's a symptom of a power supply problem.

Had the same problem with mine. The problem was the power supply; that is,
did not have the capacity to handle the Orion in the CW mode.  The gentleman
below hit the issue on its head -- Poor Power Supply Regulation.

The problem went away after I purchased an Anstron RS-35A power supply.
Also, make sure that the power cable is of the correct gauge for the
continuous required current and the distance from the supply to the rig.

My original power supply was, supposedly, rated at 25A in continuous use.
Not so, under key down situation the voltage dropped below 12 volts.
Changed to a 'stiffer' power supply cured the problem.

Ron/NU1U