Re: [TenTec] Orion I CRT

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I CRT
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:11:14 EDT
I had the same problem and had to run a 1/2 inch wide braided  ground  strap
from the power supply ( 50 amp astron) to the ground lug on the  orion,  fixed
it in a  flash  I guess the screen is very  sensitive to voltage
fluctuations..

tom N6AJR

 have an Orion I that I recently purchased used. I have noticed that  the
CRT display flashes on and off with each dot and dash that I send. If  I
reduce the power output to 50 watts or less the problem goes away. The  SWR
is 1:1 and the Orion is properly grounded.

Is this normal?

Dave N1IX