Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec, Jupiter, etc. :-)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec, Jupiter, etc. :-)
From: "Buhyoff, Greg" <buhyoff@vt.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:18:27 -0400
Mike,

Hey, that total is since 1958 and includes a bunch of "little" radios (e.g. SGC
2020, Qrp rigs, etc.) along the way!  But, if those polar bears really need
saving, I sure would be happy to contribute.  Just let me know where to send
the check --- as long as a $5.00 donation is adequate! ;-)

Seriously, that number is from a long period of ham radio and kept trying to
find the "perfect" radio.  Still have not found it.  So, I have given up and
use what I have and intend to keep for a good while.  Each of the radios I
listed are nice in their own way and I finally realized years ago, there is no
such thing as the "perfect" radio.  I guess, if I could, I would like the Omni
VI Plus and Jupiter to have a "baby" (after appropriate courting) and to wake
up one day and go downstairs to the shack and find a Jupni or Omiter!

73,
Greg K2UM