Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW
From: "R. Brent Zook" <brent.zook@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:19:29 -0400
I absolutely agree that mobile cw (if you can copy cw in your head) is
much easier than mobile phone.  You don't have to think as quickly.
I just put the paddle on the shotgun seat, no leg strap.  If the xyl or
someone else is riding in that seat, they will take offense at radio
operating anyway, so I only operate if no one else is in the car.  The
most dangerous time is looking at the rig, getting on freq, getting the
speed set right, etc.  That is worth pulling off the road for.
I hear touch paddles are nice for this but haven't ever used them.
--Brent N9HZ