Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW

To: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mobile CW
From: "Ron Zond" <k3miy@csonline.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:15:36 -0400
hi Paul

You copy code in your head before it goes on the paper.
It is my experience that the faster the code, the easier the copying.
To do this in the shortest amount of time, listen to W1AW session that
starts
at 35 wpm and work down. I guarantee that, within a month, you will read 25
wpm
in your head with ease. This technique helped me to copy and remember, the
20 wpm
text for my Extra 14 years ago on two hours of sleep. I have also found the
with
the standard ham CW conversation, I can do other things and listen at the
same time.
I am half blind and half deaf, so you should have no problem. I also
discovered that,
if you consciously try to "decode" the code, you wil stumble. Old time
telegraphers know whereof
I speak. Try it and see. Good luck and 73

Ron
K3MIY
k3miy@csonline.net