Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V question

To: <jcharley@bellsouth.net>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V question
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:55:01 -0400
Yet another possibility is that if you are using low impedance headphones,
you need to add some attenuation.  I have a rather severe hearing loss and
still need to add in the range of 200 to 400 ohms in series with my low
impedance headphones.  I just put 1/4 watt resistors in the phone plug.

The ideal situation as I see it is to have sufficient headphone attenuation
such that when operating the receiver at a volume level near distortion, the
sound in the headphones is just at the edge of being uncomfortably loud.
This will reduce low level audio noise and as a bonus, will prevent
dangerously loud audio blast.

73,

-Lee-