Re: [TenTec] Corsair differences....

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair differences....
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:15:34 +0000
<<<What's the story on the PTO, however?  Do the
Corsair's PTOs REALLY need repeated rebuilding? >>>

Hi Craig,

I bought a factory rehabbed C2 from Ten Tec a few years ago. The PTO was okay on phone but on cw it exhibited the wobbly cw note that indicated it needed rebuilding (at least that was what it seemed like to me). I sent it in to TT for a rebuild and it came back and still had the warbling cw note. It also was beginning to show age related problems that you would expect in any 20 year old rig. I gave up and basically gave it away to a young ham who was getting started and needed a HF rig. that was my experience but by no means should it be considered typical since I think there are many satisfied C2 owners out there, and ignoring the probs I had, it was a swell cw rig and had a nice sound on phone. It had a variable AF bandpass filter that was real nice. It also let you zero beat the other station on cw as if you were operating separates instead of a transceiver. I have never liked the typical transceiver method of matching the sidetone freq. to the other stations beat frequency.

GL & 73

rob / k5uj