Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ on it's way

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ on it's way
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 18:40:52 -1000
The reason I got started with Ten-Tec is that I had trouble with close
(in frequency) strong signals while operating in 160 meter contests
using a Kenwood TS-440. I did some studying about receivers and decided
an Omni VI would be the way to go. I was not disappointed.

I have never operated a Kenwood TS-570. It may be an slight improvement
over the TS-440, yet I believe it is not very much different. Does your
TS-570 recommending friend have one? Perhaps when you have your Omni VI,
you could invite him to bring his rig over, and do some receiver
comparisons during the next contest. I'm sure you'll conclude that
buying the Omni VI was the right decision.

DE N6KB

> I you like phase noise,
> agc pumping when a signal gets close, the 570 is great
>> bought an Omni 6+
one friend tell me I should get rid of it