Re: [TenTec] Using Airpax breaker

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Airpax breaker
From: Rideout Family <wa6ipd@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 06:56:39 -0700
Sorry Mike you are very very wrong.  Fuses are always used when one
wants the best protection for solid state equipment or even in large
industrial applications for  motors etc they are mandatory.  But I don't
plan on getting into an on line fuss so this is my last email on the
subject.  If anyone is interested just do a google search.

Best

Art

Mike Hyder -N4NT- wrote:
> Because I believe that people have the right to be wrong, I normally
> wouldn't respond to this.  Art is 100% wrong.  I want nobody to lose a rig
> because of his advice.  The Air-Pax circuit breakers are much faster than
> fuses.  A fuse will not separate quick enough to reliably protect a rig.
>
> About how to connect them: I crimp the spade connectors to the wires and
> slide them onto the contacts of the Air-Pax.  I do not know the best way but
> my way works find and runs no risk of heat damage to the breaker.
>
> 73, Mike N4NT

>>> Kirk