Re: [TenTec] Running AL-811 with Jupiter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Running AL-811 with Jupiter
From: "Glenn HessJr." <glennhess@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:43:19 -0400
Thank you for all the responses to my question.  I believe my amp has an
issue, not the setup I'm using. I tried driving the amp with my Triton with
the same result. I recently had to replace the tubes, so maybe I have a bad
one.  That would explain why my grid current exceeds 150mA at ~100-150watts
output.

Thanks again,

Glenn

little input as you can, and then increase it gradually..  At least, that's
what it says for the 811H.  I run a Jupiter (Without the ALC Hooked up to
the amp) and have no problems at all putting 50 Watts into the 811 and
getting 850 Watts out of it on 40M.

>   Dave
>
> Ron Grace <rjgdag@ntelos.net> wrote:
>   do you have tha alc hooked up? try running without it. af4ob

Jupiter.