Re: [TenTec] Still no luck with 450 Shure hookup.Help

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Still no luck with 450 Shure hookup.Help
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:18:09 -0500
This "relay switching" arrangement you describe is typical of some mics
designed specifically for PA.  Ham mics typically have one side of the mic
switch grounded in the microphone housing somewhere.

Connect one of the Red/Black leads to the PTT input, and the other to the
PTT ground (maybe the same as audio ground,  I'm not familiar specifically
with the Corsair -- but it should be a direct chassis ground).  You could
connect one directly to the common ground point in the microphone base --
then the other goes to the PTT input on the Corsair.

Grant/NQ5T