[TenTec] Sweep on Orion II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Sweep on Orion II
From: "Ken Case" <caseke@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:03:24 -0500
caused me to realize I had done a poor job (in addition to being too wordy) of
asking the question.

My real question was if the Orion and Orion II rigs have always had this offset
in the sweep (which appears to be technically proper), or if the software in
either rig in the past compensated for whichever sideband was selected such
that a natural sounding signal occurred when the sweep peak was at 0.

It seemed to me that (in the past) if I tuned such that the peak of the sweep
was at 0, the station was right there in a natural sounding voice.  Or,
alternatively, if I was talking with somebody, the peak was right at the 0
point on the sweep screen.  Did I just imagine this?