[TenTec] O version 1 QSK FYI

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] O version 1 QSK FYI
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 14:08:41 -0500
All,

I have been reading the discussions about Orion QSK issues, and just now
decided to test my version 1.372, untouched from the box, for QSK
performance. I have always enjoyed fine, clickless, smooth operation
with this rig. I turned up the background noise with NB off and NR off,
so I could hear well between keying elements. Up to 37 WPM the
background was steady and clear. At 38 WPM it was about one third gone
with at steady stream of dots. This was true with a QSK-1500 unit in the
keying loop, which I'm sure has a slight delay added of its own.

This is to put some perspective on what potential new owners might
expect from an O-1 bought used, etc.

73,    Roy    K6XK            Happy owner 1 1/2 years trouble free
excluding a few usual quirks