Re: [TenTec] Orion key clix...

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion key clix...
From: "Roy Koeppe" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 12:38:42 -0500
 Asked,

 "How hard is everyone driving the ALC? Driving ALC hard on CW will
 shorten the output rise time. And some suggest that CW driving the AC
 hard can lead to oscillations in the envelope right where the rise to
 flat...(etc.)"

 ALC?  I don't use no stinkin' ALC!

 73,   Roy        K6XK

Are you driving a final either in the radio or external? Are you not
using ALC? Then how are you preventing that PA from being driven to
clipping and creating clicks from that clipping?

Hi,

We're discussing Orion here, in CW mode. Orion has no ALC input jack and
no ALC adjustment control for CW transmission. It has an accurate RF
output level adjustment which you set for proper drive to your
amplifier, so you never over-drive it. I own three amps, which I set for
the tubes' plate current maximum ratings, or less. They are far from
ever being over-driven and are properly loaded at the power used at the
time.

Haven't you seen an Orion?      :-)

73,    Roy         K6XK