Re: [TenTec] My take on how to "fix" the Orion.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My take on how to "fix" the Orion.
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:19:18 -0500
Hello Geoff,

I looked at the web page in the link carefully,  Sorry, I must be blind,  I
did not see any where that the marketing said the Orion was a SDR.    TT
never specifically states any of the radios it made were a SDR.  There is a
'possible' inference from W4PA's comment.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives/html/TenTec/2003-11/msg00547.html

However the words 'sounds like' in the post translates to me as 'is not'.  I
could well be wrong, and TT can clarify that at any time.

Many discussion on this have gone before.  There is a reasonable beleif from
hearing TT speak that these radios are not perceived at TT as SDRs.

Best wishes,

Rich
K5SF