Re: [TenTec] How handle DUST?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How handle DUST?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 05:17:00 -0700

> Do you just wipe it off every few days with a damp cloth? How
> do you dust and yet preserve the surface of the case (over
> time) and not drag the dust into all the slots?

I keep a small natural fiber (wool, I think) duster in the shack and just
give everything a quick one over maybe once a week.  Dust collects on the
top surfaces of knobs and and anything else horizontal, like the top edge of
meter and dial escutcheons, too.  The case of my AL-1200, like the Orion,
also shows dust readily.  The duster gets in all the tight spots, lifts up
the dust and doesn't spread it around.  Works better and easier than a damp
cloth, IMHO.

Grant/NQ5T