Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worth it?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Is Orion really worth it?
From: "Ken Brookner" <kenb@brookner.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:51:36 -0700
 i have this overshoot problem too with my orion (original).  it's
intermittent.  drop the power to ten watts to tune (say into my alpha 99),
transmit and it'll hit the alpha with 100w and quickly ramp down.  doesn't
do it every time, but enough that i've sent the amp into shutdown a couple
of times when it was badly out of tune.

my orion's been in to service recently (though not for this problem) and
still does it.  did it with the v2 and v1 firmware.  doesn't happen every
time.

ky5g