Re: [TenTec] TNC/Packet Software Help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TNC/Packet Software Help
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:48:15 -0400

http://www.interflex.com/private/frame.htm<http://www.interflex.com/private/frame.htm>
>  For me it works better than pacterm for windows. 73, Troy, W6HV

Yes, I generally agree with all that you say, but there is one caution:

IIRC, I believe that KaGold will not work with newer/faster computers,
no matter what the operating system. Once I got a faster computer, my
copy of KaGold would no longer work. Jeff (at Interflex) had some kind
of software patch that would work if your computer wasn't too fast, but
it seemed a little pricey and would not work with the 2-2.5GHz computers
of today. I was finally forced to go with Pacterm for my KAM Plus--too
bad, because KaGold was a great program. Nothing against Pacterm, I just
got really used to using KaGold   :-)

73,
Carter K8VT