Re: [TenTec] Being a Contrarian....

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Being a Contrarian....
From: John Sheeley <wb4qda@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
Gert
I don't believe you can compare programming  SDR radio with the IC  7800 or the
ftdx 9000 type radios which are hardware based  and  2 to 3 times the price.All
The 7800s are getting new power supplies when they are sent back for the 3kc
roofing filter mod. and they have other known problems too. The FTdx 9000 is
not even software upgradeable via the Internet so you have to ship the radio
every time it needs to be upgraded .and the 9000 has many other problems, just
read the eham reviews . As for the Flex radio all one has to do is join their
reflector to see they have their  problems too. No radio is perfect!!  I had  a
first production run Orion and I have a first production run Orion II  I also
was a beta tester for V2 software. I think my Orion II can hold it's own with
in other rig being made . Is it perfect ? short answer no, but it is sure
getting better with every software upgrade . I know there are a few on this
reflector that don't think the upgrades come fast
 enough. I guess you can't make everyone happy . I really think those that
stick with their Os and OII with be very happy in the long run with how the
value of their radio hold up against the competition.

John WB4QDA