Re: [TenTec] Opinions from Scout Owners?

To: tentec@contesting.com, Tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Opinions from Scout Owners?
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:27:25 EDT

I have a scout and all of the modules and it works well for what it is. it
does a yeoman's job as a usable radio.  If I was only taking one rig, I  would
consider a FT 857d with an atas antenna as an alternative, it gives you  160
to 10 meters, plus 6m, 2m, and 440 mhz. in one box. the atas will do from 40  m
to 440 mhz.  the ft 857 sells for $689 and the scout with all modules can
run from $400 up, depending on condition used.

I have a total of 4 tentec rigs ( orion, corsair II, scout, omni-c) and  like
them for specific reasons for each radios, I am not saying the Scout is  bad,
i am saying you may find  the all band all mode rig better in this  setting

YMMV tom N6AJR

In a message dated 8/2/2006 10:21:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,