Re: [TenTec] On being a contrarian

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>,<gsm@mendelson.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] On being a contrarian
From: "Bwana Bob" <wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:49:31 -0400
That was the Delta II and its QRP counterpart, the Argonaut II. QST did not
like them. Also, they were higher priced than competitive Japanese radios of
the time.

Many Ten Tec fans feel that QST is biased in favor of Japanese radios. I
feel that Consumer Reports magazine is biased in favor of Japanese cars.
True or not, the fact is that most radio amateurs use Yaesu, Icom, or
Kenwood radios, and the most popular car in the USA is the Toyota Camry.

Fortunately, for those who still want to "buy American" or want a radio with
a design that focuses on getting the basics right, like receiver performance
and QSK, rather than emphasizing the bells and whistles, there is still the
Ten Tec choice. (And, I can still get a Ford truck!).

The Paragon got good reviews. As I recall, QST found a problem with phase
noise, for which Ten Tec developed a simple fix.

                                        73,

                                        Bob  WB2VUF