Re: [TenTec] New OMNI VII

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New OMNI VII
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:00:02 -0400
There seems to be quite a bit of general interest in the Omni 7 from non-Ten
Tec purchasers.  I hear them talking on the air and even though they have no
Ten Tec gear at present,  they seem to like the idea of what the Omni 7 will
offer.  especially the ethernet thing.  It seems like the big three have not
come out lately with anything really innovative and this idea seems like a
winner.

Some are wondering however,  if this rig will have knobs and buttons or will
it just be a box like the SDR 1K? I am assuming it will have knobs and
buttons since it is named after the very successful Omni series.

If they can get this rig on the street with minimal bugs reported,  it will
be a good one for sure.