[TenTec] Inrad 600hz Roofing Filter for OMNI VI+

To: tenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Inrad 600hz Roofing Filter for OMNI VI+
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 04:54:57 -0700 (PDT)
I installed that roofing filter for CW in my 564...  Being that it is a quick
install job and it was a contest weekend I found a station that was running a
frequency and carefully listened in and around him using the cascaded 500/250
and the 250/250 cycle filters... Then I opened the radio and did the install
and repeated my listening to this station.. There is a distinct improvement in
the monkey chatter (phantom signals from IMD)... The band seems less
cluttered...  The best test is where I have the 250 cycle filter selected (6.3
IF) and then select N1 which is a 250 cycle in the 9 IF which also turns on the
roofing filter... There is a distinct improvement with the 600 roofing filter
and the pair of 250's cascaded over what I was hearing with jus tthe cascaded
250's...
My N2 is a 250 cycle for RTTY so the 600 roofing filter is not selected when
using this filter... You will see how to make these choices when you do the
install...

I also have one of George's roofing filters in a MK-V and I feel it helps
significantly...

denny - k8do